Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Matanuska, how I've missed you...



Today, Uncle Marlin drove Mom and me out to his house. (We have to be here early because we're making the cake...om nom nom.) It was great to be back in Glacier View. I haven't been here for four years. It's quite nice to be back.

The Matanuska River is really quite beautiful. It's grey water because of the melting glaciers. I wish I could see it run clear, but it only runs clear for about four weeks in a year: in October. It freezes in November. I've never been to Alaska in October. Someday I will.

We drove for a good long time. It takes a long time to get there. At a point, we stopped at Costco. We had to get a lot of things there for the wedding. We don't have a Costco around home, so, this was a treat. I walked around for perhaps an hour. I was just being awesome. (That's pretty much JOKE). They had good food samples: sparkling lemonade, popcorn chicken, flax seed crackers...

We got some cheesecakes.



I did a lot of reading, but still haven't finished To Kill a Mockingbird. I was too distracted looking at the mountains, which are gorgeous! I didn't take very many pictures. My lame attempts at photography pale in comparison to God's glorious artistry.


We eventually got there. It's quite nostalgic. Rachel, Mom, and I are sleeping in a camper out by the pond because the house is full of wedding party members and helpers. I don't mind. It's a cozy camper, and it's a busy week around here, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment