Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Day in the Life [in Alaska]

Today was just a normal day. I did what I do at home, only a little better, since I'm in Alaska.

There were tasty snacks, like fresh baked bread and brownies...
...endless amounts of entertainment...
...and a whole bunch of reading. In fact, I spent a majority of my day here:
...reading this:


Which I finished and loved. It was quite a wonderful read. If you haven't read it yet, you most definitely should!

Today was also the day to make the wedding cake(s).



It shall be three tiers of decadent zesty lemon cake filled with some raspberry jam and topped with a lovely little lemon buttermilk frosting.

It's the same cake we had for my graduation...and Elijah's birthday...and every celebratory event in the past couple of months. (Mom had to perfect her recipe).

It shall be delicious...again.

Oh, and here is where I'm staying:
It's not much of a room, but it's a room with a view, for sure. And, believe it or not, it's rather comfy. Rachel and I had issues figuring out how to get in to our tiny little bunks, but once we were arranged, life was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment