Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Overwhelmed

I usually don't get stressed out, but when I do, it's terrifying.  Right now, I am so far behind in my classwork that I could possibly not pass this class (one of three) that I am taking.  If I fail, it means I don't graduate in December, which is such a heavy burden.  Right now, I must rely and hope that my professor will give me grace on my late assignments.

Tonight, I am pulling an all-nighter.  My heart hurts because I feel as if I failed and lost focus so many times, and it is catching up with me and making my situation close to hopeless.  And my head hurts because I am exhausted and overwhelmed by the amount of French vocabulary and grammar and all sorts of other topics in my head.

And still I must press on.  It's at times like these that I remember what I am working towards.  I get to graduate!  I get a degree that will help me get a job, and then I will pay off loans and be able to spend my time working with orphan children who have had life a whole lot harder than me.  It's hard for me to complain or lose hope when I contrast it with what other people are going through.  And I can go be with them soon if...if I just get this damned French homework done.

1 comment:

  1. mmmm.
    I'm seeing this a little late, I guess.
    I'm with you.

    ReplyDelete