Friday, September 24, 2010

Off to Ukraine!

So, the Alaska trip was awesome, and now I have a great new adventure! I am on my way to Kyiv, Ukraine to take part in the Discipleship Training School (DTS) with YWAM. I'm super excited, of course, because I know that God has some big plans for me. :) He has already done some major things in the preparation for this trip (funds were completely provided for and that blasted visa of mine came in).

So, yeah, visa. As many of you may know, I tend to be somewhat of an airhead, not always, just, you know...sometimes--especially when working on administrative things, like applying for a visa. It took three tries to get that visa. The last try was a drive to Washington, D.C., with my mom. We had to do some running around, but we were able to get everything together...ten minutes before the consular closed. That was last Wednesday. They gave a receipt saying that the visa would be available September 22, two days before my trip. So, the past week was, understandably, a bit stressful. But the visa did come. And now I am in the airport ready to go do some awesome!

It's the first time that I have ever flown by myself, so leaving Mom and Dad was a little bit frightening. Everything is going smoothly, though, and all jitters were gone once I was checked-in and through security. I'm not really stressed or scared like I expected. I'm at peace and happy and excited. Yay!

So, once I got out of security, I met a woman from the Philippines named Cynthia. I asked where she was going, and she said New York. I told her that I was going to Bible school in Ukraine. Upon hearing this she lit up and said, "Oh, would you please pray for me then!" It seems she had been having troubles with citizenship and getting a job--something about the recession. So, I talked to her and promised to keep her in my prayers. It was all quite neat.

Then, I met an elderly lady who was a missionary in Japan. She wished me well on my trip and she's sitting next to me in the airport right now. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment